Monday, October 4, 2010

The lovely side of moving to a new place

Nairobi is entering its light and short raining season. It implies heavy but brief daily storms around 18.00. I experimented some yesterday, Sunday, when I got back from the Karen neighbourhood. This expedition ended my first week end in Kenya, full of new friends and new experiences.



For instance, we had our first drink at our house since I moved in, with a few people from the United Nations’ office in Nairobi, and some other in fashion or in media. I got to discover great places such as the Zen Garden, an Asian restaurant in the middle of a green and wide garden. I had my first experience in a Kenyan Club, Gallileo .I paid a visit to the Westgate mall and the Village market, two high points of Nairobi's shopping rendez vous. I had lunch son Saturday in the Rustique restaurant, located on an amazing outdoor site. And finally, I went to the neighbourhood of Karen, westbound, where the monthly Blanket and Wine music festival takes place.  

This is the best part in moving to a new place. You discover and you cannot get enough of it. Every personal experience is also a way to learn more about the country, its people, its traditions and history.

No comments:

Post a Comment